We have some answers for you here, and if you don't see what you are looking for, please get in touch! We look forward to answering your questions.
- Is Scan Design a chain? Scan Design is a family-owned and -operated company based in Orlando, Florida. We have retail stores throughout the state that are all owned by us.
- I have a Scan Design in my area that is not Florida. Are you affiliated with them? There are other stores in other territories that have similar names. When the company was founded in 1969, there was not as much concern about naming and confusion in different states. Therefore, many stores ended up with similar names because it best described what we did at the time. Over the years, the internet has caused that people in other areas come in contact with our brand. We are not affiliated in any way with any of the other Scan Design's, but we are friendly with most of them. If you are looking to contact a local store not in Florida, please let us know and we will be happy to refer you to their websites and locations, if possible.
- Do your pieces come in other options? Most of our pieces are stocked as shown and available for special order in other fabric and finish options. Please keep in mind the order fulfillment is typically 2 to 4 months for special orders. Please feel free to contact us for more details on any piece : email@example.com
- How do you care for teak? Made in Denmark. We carry Master Cabinetmaker Teak and Walnut Wood Oil formulated for maintenance of oil finished wood surfaces such as teak, walnut, and mahogany. The oil underlines the natural color and structure of the wood and protects against drying out. Simply Apply in a thin layer with a soft cloth and wipe excess oil off after 3 hours
- How do you care Eco-leather? Ideally a damp cloth with clean water should used for regular cleaning. If you have some stubborn spots, it is okay to use mild soap for basic cleaning, but no harsh chemicals such as bleach, etc. We DO NOT recommend rubbing alcohol or any other harsh chemicals for basic cleaning or maintenance.
- Do you offer financing? Financing is offered in the store. We utilize Wells Fargo for our financing and the application only takes a few minutes.
- Where does your furniture come from? Our pieces are from artisans and craftsmen all over the globe. Most of our teak products are produced from FSC certified sustainable sources in Thailand. The sleepers come from both Italy and China and are all made to exacting EU standards. Our buyer travels everywhere from Europe to Indonesia to many places in between ... including North Carolina and California.
- How does shipping work? We offer 2 types of Standard shipping, Premium White Glove Service and Local in Florida Delivery. These are calculated at the time of checkout once you have entered your zip code and selected your shipping method. If you have specific shipping, delivery or pick-up requirements that vary from the available options in the shipping selection tab, please choose "Will advise" and then add any applicable comments to the comments section during check-out. We will contact you to discuss the options prior to processing the order. For more information on shipping see the "Shipping & Returns" link below.
- Are your pieces stocked for a timely delivery? For our local customers, many items are stocked for delivery in less than two weeks. Non-local areas require more time for delivery. Any product that is in stock and available to be shipped by UPS will arrive approximately 7 days after the order is processed. If an item is in stock and too large for UPS, it will be handled by either our outside delivery partner or for local Florida deliveries we utilize our own expert delivery teams. Either way, your items will be delivered in 14-21 days. If there are any foreseen delays, we will notify you prior to processing the order.
For more information on shipping, returns, how the process works, policies, etc, please use the links below. And as always, you are free to contact us using that link below, as well.
Thank you for the opportunity to exceed your expectations - the scan design team